A LONG WEEKEND
designed for cyclists
A long weekend in April at The Selkirk Arms to welcome spring and spoil yourself a little. Somethings to look forward to, a goal to start the cycling year by turning the wheels on the quiet roads of Galloway. Warren & Esther of Galloway Cycling Holidays are bike bonkers, you knew that and we know there are others. The weekend is designed for road cyclists and triathletes and those happy with rides of 40 miles and more with a few undulations. Routes will be stunning, all will feature coffee and cake They can be self guided but as many as possible will be guided. All will have maps, a cue sheet or gps files so you can concentrate on the ride.
Warren and Esther have raced sportives in the UK and Europe, done mind numbingly long endurance events and rode self supported 35,000 miles around the world. The weekend will be an opportunity to meet them and new bike buddies, to talk bike talk and relax.
Your comfy hotel
- Arrive Friday any time after 2.00 to enjoy Kirkcudbright’ galleries and cafes.
- Welcome drinks and nibbles/ canapés then 6.45 dinner in the hotel’s main restaurant, followed by a greetings, questions and short talk on how to bike the world.
- 8 - 9am Breakfast
- 10.00am depart from the hotel in groups or ride buddy packs
- Return to Kirkcudbright 4.30pm for relaxing baths/showers before meeting in The Burns Room between 6 - 6.30 for post ride chats.
- Dinner served at 7.00 pm, guilt free - you deserve it.
- Sunday morning breakfast 8 - 9am and depart at 10.00 for rides as above.
- Returning to hotel to collect luggage, swop email addresses with new bike pals and depart after a lovely cuppa and shortbread at around 4.00pm
Your beautiful rides
Now the good news. Total package for 2 nights is £258 pp based on two people sharing, or £328 pp for a single occupancy room.
Extra nights rate £55pp on a bed and breakfast basis for those sharing a twin or double and £84pp for this in single occupancy rooms.
For you and your bike, there is secure bike storage, lube, spanner and wash facilities along with laundry service if needed.
women's only ride
We have been asked if we can run rides for women at these events. Let's see how it goes, we would love to.
If that would be of interest to you let us know when you book so we can put the plan together.
Want to be part of it, more questions?
Let us know if you would like more information or have special requirements.
You can also use this form if you would like to book.
The Selkirk Arms is more than happy to deal with hotel stuff and Esther & Warren can deal with any bike related questions.
Want to chat? Call this number : (+44) 1557 330402 (Selkirk Arms Hotel)
Want to email? E-mail: email@example.com
For more information on the Selkirk Arms Hotel, please see: http://www.selkirkarmshotel.co.uk/